Friday, December 10, 2010

Randy Orton Net Worth

il mio nome è Asher Lev

's genius Chaim Potok
jew American writer who died some years ago, in his novels, Potok directed much of its attention to children who become adults and face the crucial choices in their lives.
Among his most famous books are the elected Danny (1967), The choice of Reuven (1969), My Name is Asher Lev (1972) and The Gift of Asher Lev (1990).
In what, in my opinion, is his masterpiece (My Name is Asher Lev) Small Asher feels strongly that they have, through a mysterious gift, a vocation as a painter.
In his religious community, however, the painting is tolerated at best decorative art, but is regarded as an essentially pagan. Even at school the child is open hostility, while his father Arieh not understand and can not share the vocation of his son after having tolerated his childhood passion for painting, then begins to opposed, or even scolding him for wasting time to engage in an activity that is "other side" of the devil.
The mother, as she can, tries to mediate in conflicts between father and son ever more insistent, but the tension becomes much stronger when Asher start painting "Crucifixion", a model which, while reflecting a classical theme with which we measure painters, is a subject especially detested by the Jews. Moreover, the boy becomes with a famous picture in which even comes to put on the cross his mother, who has seen suffering for years due to a misunderstanding between her husband and son.
The following is the song in many ways brilliant, in which Asher describes why he painted the famous "Brooklyn Crucifixion"

"I painted quickly overwhelmed by a strange surge of energy.
For all the pain you have suffered, Mom.
For all the torment of your past and future years, Mom.
For all the anguish that this framework will cause you pain.
To the inexpressible mystery which gives birth to good fathers and children and allows them to see a mother bite.
For the Master of the Universe the world of suffering which I do not understand. For the dreams of terror, for the nights waiting for the memories of death, for the love I have for you, for all the things I remember, for all the things I should remember but I forgot, for all
these things I created this picture - me, an observant jew working on a crucifixion in his religious tradition because there is no aesthetic model which traced a picture of extreme anguish and torment. "
Sublime ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment